We have been eating A LOT of eggs during quarantine so when we looked at what ingredients we had in our kitchens this week, we all had chocolate chips but we didn’t have eggs so we looked for a recipe for an eggless chocolate chip cookie. This recipe was really easy to make and it did the trick! Classic chocolate chips for a not so classic moment.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch salt (skip it if using salted butter)
- 1 stick or ½ cup unsalted butter , soften to room temperature
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for at least 10 minutes. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or just spray with nonstick spray.
- Take dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda) in a bowl. Whisk it until they are incorporated and keep it aside.
- Take softened butter in another bowl. Beat it with wire whisk or by electric mixer until it becomes creamy and smooth.
- Then, add both sugars (granulated and brown sugar). Again beat until it becomes fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Then add vanilla extract and milk. Whisk until it gets incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients. Beat until incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and fold them in.
- If the dough looks soft and sticky, then chill it into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Now make 1-inch size balls from chilled cookie dough. Place on the cookie sheet a few inches apart from each other, because they will spread as they bake. Flatten it slightly using back of glass or bowl or use your fingers.
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven or until the edges are become golden brown.
- Let them cool on the sheet for 5 minutes.
- After that, move them to the cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe from Spice Up The Curry