Lemons are my favorite! So baking lemons bars was naturally the best way to kick off the quarantine baking extravaganza. This recipe was very easy and super delicious. They also stayed nice and fresh in my fridge for a whole week! My good friend Mari also did the recipe from her home in California and it was a success for her as well! Because when life gives you lemons (in this case in the form of a global pandemic), make some lemon bars!
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (cold)
For the lemon filling:
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (zest of 1 lemon)
- 2/3 cup lemon juice (juice of 3 lemons)
- powdered sugar for garnish
- To make the crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×8 pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the flour, powdered sugar, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan in an even layer, and bake until set (about 20-25 minutes).
- To make the lemon filling, whisk the sugar, flour, eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice together in a large bowl.
- Pour the filling over the partially-baked crust and bake until the filling is set (about 25-35 minutes).