My sister and her boyfriend made a delicious meal for us one night so I decided to chip in and help with dessert. I had a random craving for rice krispies treats and was surprised at how quick and easy they are to make! It was so simple I’ll leave you with the recipe!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz) regular marshmallows OR 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. While warm, spread chocolate chips for an extra treat. Best if served the same day.
One thought on “Rice Krispies Treats”