My sister, the other Super Sister (check out About section), and I decided to make peppermint bark to give away to my amazing coworkers as Christmas presents, and a bit for us as well! Even the original BWF co-founder, Lauren (check out About section), was able to try some when she came to visit!
This is an incredibly easy recipe that needs no actual baking. Honestly, what took the longest time was unwrapping the candy canes and each individual Hershey kiss! Besides that it was very simple and delicious!
- 12 ounces (about 2 cups) milk chocolate chips
- 12 ounces (about 2 cups) Hershey’s peppermint white chocolate chips
- 8 peppermint candy canes
1. Unwrap the candy canes and place them in a food processor. Pulse on/off several times for 5-10 seconds each, until the canes have been crushed into small pieces.
2. Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with smooth aluminum foil.
3. Melt or temper the milk chocolate. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared cookie sheet and use an offset spatula or knife to spread it to an even thickness, a little more than 1/8″ thick. The chocolate does not have to reach all sides of the sheet, as it will be broken up later anyhow. Place the tray in the refrigerator to firm up while you prepare the white chocolate.
4. While the milk chocolate hardens, melt or temper the white chocolate. Stir in most of the candy cane bits, reserving about a quarter of the mixture to put on top.
5. Remove the tray from the refrigerator and spread the white chocolate in an even layer over the dark chocolate.
6. While the white chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the remaining candy cane pieces over the entire surface evenly. Press down very slightly to ensure they stick. Place the tray back in the refrigerator to firm up for 30 minutes.
7. Once the peppermint bark bark is completely set, break into small, uneven pieces by hand.
Courtesy of about.com
Delicious snack and tasty gifts!